Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) is a limited-time benefit for low-income consumers that will show up as a credit on your bill for High-Speed Home Internet and could pay for computing device. The U.S. Congress and President established this benefit in 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. Eligible families can receive up to $50 per month on home internet service.
Eligibility for affordable Home Internet service if your home meets one of the following criteria:
• Child enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• CalFresh Program (food stamp)
• Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Medi-Cal or Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Student with a Pell Grant
• Or have a household income under $40,000/year